Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with all facets of practices and competitions with an emphasis on cross country and distance events.
- Recruits students and maintains specific roster sizes for men’s and women’s programs.
- Collaborates with the Offices of Admissions and Student Services for recruiting and enrolling prospective student-athletes from point of inquiry through registration.
- Assists in the administrative operations of the programs, i.e. scheduling, team travel, etc.
- Monitors, assists, and nurtures student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assists with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of the program.
- Provides first aid in emergency situations and completes required blood borne pathogen training and CPR certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years coaching and/or competing in cross country or track and field.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Iowa and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to commit to high ethical standards and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and promote a positive student-athlete experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through inclusive behaviors and helping contribute to a culture of inclusivity, and a vibrant, diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexible hours to include evening and weekend hours.
The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law.