The Assistant Coach will support the Head Coach and provide guidance to the players’ academic and athletic experience. They assist the head coach in the offensive/defensive strategy and game management of the Ice Hockey athletic curriculum and program development.
- Coach, coordinate, and assist the Head Coach in supervising and coordinating the offensive/defensive strategy of the Ice Hockey program.
- Adhere to policies established in The Lawrenceville School Coaches Handbook.
- Attend scheduled practices, athletic contests, and assist with game management.
- Attend professional conferences and required institutional meetings (when applicable).
- Commit to continued professional growth through a plan of professional development.
- Stay current in and expand knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Must have ability to motivate and inspire students.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with groups and/or individuals, and deal with peers, the public, students, and parents in a positive, empathetic, and professional manner.
- College, US National and/or International playing experience.
- Must be able to review, understand, apply, and share concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature.
- Must be able and willing to manage a Monday-Saturday practice/game schedule with self-discipline. This position may also include travel and possible Sundays.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- At least 2 years’ experience coaching in high school or college setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.