The Assistant Coach for Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/ Track and Field is responsible for assisting the Head Coach(es) of Women’s Track and Field and Women’s Track and Field with planning, developing and managing the operations of Chicago State’s University’s Cross Country and Track and Field programs.
- Develop programs and procedures with respect to the training and coaching of student-athletes to compete successfully while assuring their welfare;
- Assist Director of Track & Field/CC in developing coaching techniques, all team and individual event strategies;
- Assist student-athletes with individual performance and provide leadership/direction for improvements;
- Adhere to all conference and NCAA rules and regulations for the sport;
- Coordinate activities for home and away meets including travel plan, inventory or equipment, etc.;
- Assist with recruiting within NCAA regulations and Chicago State University academic admissions standards, including: develop database, call potential recruits, plan and organize recruiting trips, and accurately and timely complete all paperwork associated with those efforts;
- Observe and uphold all academic standards, requirements and policies of Chicago State University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics;
- Monitor, on a regular and consistent basis, student-athletes to ensure that they are attending class, completing assignments and exams, performing to their highest academic potential, obtaining the highest grades possible, and graduating in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the recruitment process.
- Displayed success in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with all team members and support staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer and technical skills.