- Assist in supporting the Athletic Mission of excellence in the three C’s (Classroom, Competition, Community).
- Ensure that the team is in compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in monitor of the academic progress in cooperation with the academic counselor and head coach.
- Plan, conduct or assist in clinics, camps and other departmental community events.
- Recruit potential student athletes to the University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Assist in the fund raising efforts of your sport team, working in collaboration with the department’s development office.
- Coordinate travel, meals and lodging to practice, games or competition sites; preferably with the departments/universities selected vendors.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- 1-3 years of combined progressive experience coaching or participating at the high school, collegiate and/or international level.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to athletic excellence in an academic environment.
- Experience as a student-athlete.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level.