Under general direction, is responsible to assist with the management of a competitive USA RUGBY and National Collegiate Rugby athletic programs; assists with conditioning, practices, recruiting, travel arrangements, and student managers for the men’s and women’s rugby programs.
Examples of Duties:
- Arranges recruiting functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations and contacts, and documents all activities as required per USA RUGBY and National Collegiate Rugby rules.
- Work with Head Coaches in coordination of team academics including study halls, academic and team meetings.
- Engages in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
- Schedules and assist the supervision of individual and group student-athlete workouts.
- Assists with fundraising on behalf of the team and university.
- Prior coaching experience or a minimum of 1-3 years working in a campus or athletic environment or as a collegiate athlete preferably at a USA Rugby or National Collegiate Rugby recognized program and collegiate level.
- USA Level 200 Certification or willingness to get certified when next opportunity is offered.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification or willingness to do so.
- Valid Drivers License.