The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Director of Strength & Conditioning, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties with the approval of the Director of Strength & Conditioning:
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in‐season, off‐season, and pre‐season for all assigned athletic programs in a manner that reflects research‐driven practices and a positive athlete experience
- Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with the NSCA /CSCCa Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards Guidelines.
- Determine and reinforce expectations for athlete conduct that mirror the university’s expectations for curricular and extra‐curricular activities, as stated in the school’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and the strength and conditioning staff.
- Conduct an annual needs‐analysis for each sport team in conjunction with the sport coach and the team’s athletic trainer at the conclusion of each sport season.
Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related study.
- Knowledge of identifying behaviors and character traits.
- Knowledge of movements, levers, and biomechanics.
- 5 or more years as a strength and conditioning coach with diversity of sports trained.
- Knowledge of current Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards and Guidelines
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
- Strong motivational abilities.
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration.