The Assistant Coach Track & Field is responsible for fostering the academic and athletic development of student athletes in the track program by providing sound coaching skills/techniques and mentorship toward academic success; and promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Big 12 Conference, and the NCAA.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Promotes the success of the student athlete by identifying and recruiting only those student athletes who are qualified to compete academically and athletically at the Division 1 level.
- Promotes the academic progress of assigned student athletes by functioning as a strong mentor and liaison with the Athletic Academic Office.
- Ensures program operations and integrity by assisting with daily operations and management; adhering to and enforcing all policies and procedures required by the TCU Athletics Department, Conference and NCAA.
- Assists the head coach by planning, critiquing and implementing strategies designed to achieve success in a competitive sports program.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 year coaching experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.