Canisius College is accepting applications for an assistant coach for Women’s Lacrosse. Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The assistant lacrosse coach ensures the Canisius women’s lacrosse program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. This position reports to the Head Coach for Women’s Lacrosse.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Organize and execute individual skill instruction for players.
- Schedule and coordinate conditioning drills and workouts in conjunction with assigned athletic performance coach.
- Assist with academic advisement, monitoring and development of student-athletes.
- Recruit qualified student athletes for Canisius College women’s lacrosse program.
- Develop scouting reports for opponents as assigned and evaluate game tape.
- Assist with team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating official and unofficial visits, written correspondence and telephone communications.
- Market and direct Canisius College women’s lacrosse clinics and/or camps.
- Ensure the women’s lacrosse program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Coaching and/or playing experience is required; coaching, playing, and/or recruiting experience at the Division I Level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
Canisius College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.