Responsible for assisting the head coach in the daily operations and overall administration of a varsity intercollegiate sport program and instruction of student- athletes, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of The University of Scranton, Landmark Conference and the NCAA.
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Perform specific coaching and instructional responsibilities during athletic events.
- Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the varsity sport program.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University, Landmark Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and intercollegiate playing experience required.
- Must possess current state drivers license.
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.