Under direction, to assist in the planning, development, and implementation of the policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to an interscholastic sports program; to serve as a resource concerning physical education and physical activity instruction; to instruct and train sports activities groups in attaining proficiency in sport related functions; and to do other related functions as directed.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates sports activities and training workouts, and coaches individuals concerning specific physical performance activities and procedures.
- Instructs and demonstrates the principles, methods and techniques of regulating the movement of body, hands, feet to achieve maximum proficiency in the related sport activity.
- Observes sport participants during practice and workout sessions to detect and correct errors in activity procedures and methods.
- Instructs, explains and enforces health and safety rules and regulations.
- Develops and implements physical conditioning programs that allows athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Reviews, audits and monitors sport activity related injuries and determines the most appropriate time for an athlete to return to active sport participation.
- Selects or assists in the selection of interscholastic sport activity uniforms and related sport apparatus and equipment.
- Two years of experience as an interscholastic sports coach.
- Minimum age of 22 years or be a college graduate.
The Eugene School District 4J does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law.