- Coaching experience at the high school or middle school level, minimum of 3 years experience preferred.
- Evidence of leading a successful middle school or high school baseball program with a winning record and post season coaching experience.
- Ability to transition student athletes to the next competitive level (ability to articulate concrete examples and procedures regarding the transition of student athletes to the next competitive level).
- The ability to design offensive and defensive strategies.
- Experience in coaching offense and defense.
- Evidence of practice plans developed in prior coaching positions.
- Must hold or obtain FBI, Criminal Check, and Child Abuse Clearances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the program philosophy created by Varsity Girls Basketball Coaches.
- Attend all season practices, games, and tournaments.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Assess skills of athletes, monitor athletes during competition and practice, and keep the Head JV Girls Basketball Coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Participate in special activities to include parent nights, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Perform support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Help organize and run junior varsity fundraisers for season tournaments and off-season leagues.
- Maintain positive communication with athletes, families, community members, and district administration.