The expectation of the coaching staff is to teach the skills and techniques of the sport. Additionally, the Assistant Coach will assist in providing the necessary guidance, advice and training necessary to teach and build good sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to the individual athletes and the team as a whole. This position provides an opportunity to serve as a strong, positive role model for our young athletes.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of sound principles and rules governing the sport.
- Must demonstrate commitment to students, community and instructional leadership, while promoting positive character and school spirit.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and background in the sport preferred.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Assists the Head Coach with the management of the team's activities.
- Assists with planning/supervising practices and games.
- Adheres to DIAA rules/regulations and District's policies/procedures.
- Ensures discipline and sportsmanship behavior at all times.
- Teaches the fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the Head Coach.
- Helps oversee safety conditions of facility and report issues to Head Coach.
- Motivates athletes and encourages school spirit.
- Communicates all player and/or parent concerns to Head Coach.