To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- The position includes other unusual aspects such as extended time, risk injury factor and due process predicaments.
- It is the express intent of this job description to give sufficient guidance to function. In cases not specifically covered, it shall be assumed that a coach shall exercise common sense and good judgement.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all athletic policies approved by the Reading School District Board of Directors and is responsible for their implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to ensure staff awareness of overall program.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional and technical journals, business periodicals, financial reports, governmental regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from the public, staff, regulatory agencies, or members of the community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and concerns from management, professional and support staff, union representatives, public groups, federal, state and local government agencies, and the Board of School Directors.