The Assistant Coach is responsible for coaching the program under the supervision and guidance of the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach will perform his/her duties in strict adherence to the rules and policies of the University, the Pacific West Conference and the NCAA. The position requires the ability to travel with the team and work on weekends and evenings.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Head Coach with the coaching of the team
- Assist the Head Coach with recruiting and student-athlete/player development
- Assist the Head Coach with scheduling and organizing practice and contests in accordance with applicable Pacific West Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Attend and coach all matches and practices as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assist the Head Coach with making travel/transportation arrangements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year collegiate institution
- At least 2 years of golf coaching experience at either the high school or college level, or 2 years of playing experience at collegiate or professional level.
- Attend to details to effectively act on policies necessary and appropriate for managing NCAA and PacWest Conference-related compliance. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary actions and or termination of employment.
- Regular, reliable, non-disruptive attendance is essential for this position as is the ability to create and maintain collegial harmonious working relationships with others.
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class covered by state and federal law. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.