Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will assist with carrying out aspects of the assigned NCAA Division I program, including but not limited to recruiting, coaching, mentoring, supporting, and developing the student-athletes. The Assistant Coach has responsibility for compliance with all Conference and NCAA rules and represents La Salle University to the program’s various internal and external constituents.
- Teach, coach, mentor, and inspire student athletes up through graduation.
- Attend all competitions and practices unless directed to other tasks by the Head Coach and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in their sport.
- Assist in the organization of all aspects of an athletes’ development, including practice sessions, and preparation for contests.
- Create a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly with each student-athlete on matters that affect his/her development including academic, physical, social, spiritual and athletic issues.
- Assist the Head Coach to identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division I level and who are capable of succeeding academically and graduating.
- Maintain precise records of all recruiting contacts in coordination with the Associate Athletic Director of Compliance.
- Communicate with Head Coach on itineraries and vacation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching or playing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Valid driver’s license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Successful background check clearances including, but not limited to, a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.