The Assistant Coach will be expected to:
- Fulfill the responsibilities of his/her teaching assignment as a first priority, if a district teacher.
- Coach students in the fundamentals and techniques of the sport, in sportsmanship, and proper place of sports in learning discipline and team cooperation.
- Attend clinics and conferences to keep updated in current trends in the sport.
- Assist with supervision of athletes and adjunct personnel assigned to the team.
- Communicate special needs to the head coach.
- Must be a certificated teacher or eligible for a letter of authorization as an expert in the field.
- Must hold a current Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSSA) Coach Certification.
- Must have current Concussion Course training.
- Must hold a current First Aid Card and a valid CPR certification.
- Must possess a strong comprehensive knowledge of the sport, preferably having participated in the sport at a collegiate or professional level.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper fitness and conditioning techniques necessary for athletes.