Essential Job Functions:
- Works with the head coach to oversee practices and scheduled contests to provide a positive and competitive experience for student athletes; in absence of the head coach the assistant coach assumes full responsibility for the team.
- Works with the head coach to develop a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Works with the head coach to establish team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Works with the head coach to foster the personal development and competitive spirit of the student athletes while supporting their educational experience.
- Works with the head coach to emphasize and promote academic progress, resulting in strong academic performance, retention and graduation rates.
- Attends recruitment trips as needed to recruit student athletes to develop a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree or a combination of education/certification(s) and/or experience suitable for the position.
- Moderate amount of experience with athletic coaching, collegiate playing or other related experience.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.