Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach/Instructor will be responsible for designing skill development programs for student-athletes and overseeing all aspects of the NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer program. In the absence of the Head Coach the Assistant Coach/Instructor will have the responsibility to act and function as the head coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, coach, mentor, and inspire student-athletes up through graduation.
- Assist the Head Coach to identify and recruit student-athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division I level and who are capable of succeeding academically and graduating.
- Attend all competitions and practices unless directed to other tasks by the head coach and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in their sport.
- Provide instruction in physical health, nutrition, and safety.
- Provide instruction in team concepts and sports etiquette.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching or playing at a collegiate or professional level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Strong administrative skills including the ability to prioritize organize and budget.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Valid driver’s license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.