The Assistant Coach is responsible for aiding the training and development of the Masters Swim Team program led by the Head Coach at the University of San Francisco (USF). The USF Masters Swim Team is one of the programs that the University provides for the people of San Francisco. The team's activities are held in the Koret Health and Recreation Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of a sport-specific training program including coaching workouts and collaborating with the Head Coach in workout development.
- Assist with the implementation of the Head Coach's seasonal training plan for the club.
- Help each swimmer set individual goals.
- Responsible for the management of the team at all club functions.
- Assist the Head Coach with team selection and relays for all meets.
- Conduct team tryouts as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment.
- Act as a liaison between team participants and the Recreation Manager (Aquatics).
- Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of USMS.
- Must have certifications as required by the sport-specific governing body.
- Overcomes obstacles or refers problems to managers.
- Displays sensitivity, tact and diplomacy in all situations and reacts flexibly in responding to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Record, monitor, and analyze information appropriate to this sport club.
- Organizes the storage of information in an effective and accessible manner.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and demonstrates ability to work in a team.
- Able to implement plans and is constantly aware of progress as it adheres to health & safety requirements.