The Assistant Coach is responsible for aiding the training and development of the Masters Swim Team program led by the Head Coach at the University of San Francisco (USF). The USF Masters Swim Team is one of the programs that the University provides for the people of San Francisco.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of a sport-specific training program including coaching workouts and collaborating with the Head Coach in workout development.
- Assist with the implementation of the Head Coach's seasonal training plan for the club.
- Help each swimmer set individual goals.
- Responsible for the management of the team at all club functions.
- Assist the Head Coach with team selection and relays for all meets.
- Conduct team tryouts as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment.
- Act as a liaison between team participants and the Recreation Manager (Aquatics).
- Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of USMS.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Qualification in sport, leisure or related field.
- Experience of playing or working in sports development.
- Event/Coaching qualifications and experience.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours.
- Full, clean driving license.
Swim Coach new
Swim Team Coach new