In Accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics and the University, the assistant coach has a responsibility for assisting in the development of intercollegiate sports teams within the guidelines of the NCAA and NSIC governing organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in supporting the Athletic Mission of excellence in the three C's (Classroom, Competition, Community).
- Ensure that the team is in compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in monitor of the academic progress in cooperation with the academic counselor and head coach.
- Plan, conduct or assist in clinics, camps and other departmental community events.
- Recruit potential student athletes to the University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Assist in the fund raising efforts of your sport team, working in collaboration with the department's development office.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to athletic excellence in an academic environment.
- Experience as a student-athlete.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.