The assistant coach shall perform all duties pertaining to the men's and women's golf program as assigned by the head coach. Duties include but are not limited to: Assist in coaching and schedule tournaments, practices and planning travel and recruiting. Responsible to assist in planning content and organization of the overall program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coaching and schedule travel and practices. Responsible to assist in planning content and organization of the overall program. The assistant coach will also assume the responsibilities of the head coach if the head coach is unable to fulfill these duties.
- Recruit qualified Student-Athletes: Actively recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes in accordance with the philosophy of Regis University and in strict adherence to University, NCAA and Conference regulations;
- Monitor and balance the team budgets: Must provide input and work cooperatively with the head coach in budgeting for and requisitioning all goods and services needed and used in her/his sport program. This includes but is not limited to supplies, equipment, apparel, team travel, recruiting, etc. Each sport must operate within the University allotted budget for operating expenses and scholarships. Any expenses in excess of the team budgets must be covered by revenue generated funds;
- Monitor Student-Athlete's academic performance: Responsible for monitoring the academic success of the student-athletes in her/his program. Each coach should work cooperatively with Regis University.
- Professional development: Must engage in professional development. Assist head coach in keeping with the current trends and developments; as well as the implementation in order to perform duties more effectively.
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited institution of higher education. Master's or other advanced degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of NCAA Division I and or II coaching experience. Preference of 3+ years of experience and to either have or working on PGA card.