The Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming position will support all aspects of the Olympic sports program, including recruiting qualified athletes, coaching and instructing of student-athletes, monitoring and supporting academic progress and progression toward a degree, alumni and donor engagement, and more.
- Assists with organization and direction of all aspects of The George Washington University’s Division 1 men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs that compete in the Atlantic 10 Conference. Areas of responsibility may include student-athlete recruitment, individual and team coaching instruction, daily administrative processes, compliance oversight, and academic/social development, among others.
- Assists in team coaching, preparing the team for competition, and individual student-athlete development. Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of men’s and women’s swimming student-athletes.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically elite student-athletes for the men’s and women’s swimming programs.
- Assists in creating content and maintaining a strong presence on social media.
- Assists in the coordination of team and individual travel for the purpose of team competition and student-athlete recruitment, including traveling with the team to away competitions.
- Assists in promoting and developing the program by creating and maintaining effective relationships with alumni, donors, and community members. Participates in events as a representative of the department and men’s and women’s swimming programs.
- Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 1 year of relevant professional experience.
- Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
- Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.