This position specifically supports the Department and University’s mission through recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and and providing administrative assistance for the men’s and women’s swimming programs.
- Devotes their full time, attention, and energies to their duties as Assistant Coach of the men’s and women’s swimming teams.
- Complies fully with the rules, regulations, and policies of the University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and any and all conferences in which the men’s and women’s swimming teams participate, and takes every reasonable precaution to ensure that all members of the men’s and women’s swimming staff and student athletes comply fully with such rules, regulations and policies. Assistant Coach understands they are subject to all applicable disciplinary or corrective actions as set forth in the NCAA enforcement procedures as they may be amended from time to time.
- Uses reasonable efforts to attract and enroll impact student-athletes that demonstrate significant contributions to their programs with appropriate academic, competitive, and community achievements. Assists the head coach to create a positive student-athlete experience and healthy team dynamics/culture that fosters high student-athlete retention.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
- Two to four years of swimming intercollegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Ability to work weekends and nights.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of swimming methods and techniques of coaching.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics.