George Mason University Intercollegiate Athletics invites applications for an Assistant Coach, Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving. This is a full-time, 12-month position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Utilize sound teaching techniques in the conduct of game preparation and practice sessions;
- Assist in making strategic decisions in contest situations;
- Effectively prepare and organize preseason, in-season, and postseason conditioning programs and practice sessions;
- Oversee the strength and conditioning development of the athletes;
- Assist the Head Coach in the evaluation of the student-athlete; and
Be aware and maintain a safe and healthy environment for the student-athlete.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training, education, and work experience;
- Demonstrated experience coaching at the college level and/or professional experience in the field of swim and dive;
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to NCAA, conference and state rules and regulations;
- Must currently possess an appropriate, active, valid motor vehicle operator’s license that meets all of GMU’s requirements for operating state vehicles and equipment under Mason’s Vehicle Use Policy 1411.