Responsible for assisting the Head Men's and Women's Tennis Coach with all aspects of its Division I Tennis Program. 10 Month Position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and implementation of daily team practices as well as conduct individual practice sessions with student-athletes when needed.
- Travel to and provide on-court coaching for matches and tournaments during the program's competitive Fall and Spring seasons.
- Assist head coach in recruiting Division I caliber student-athletes to the university. Duties may include in-person evaluation of prospects as well as email and telephone correspondence. Work collaboratively with the admissions office in the recruitment of these tennis prospects.
- Perform administrative duties as directed by the head coach and work effectively with staff members in the areas of compliance, equipment, athletic communications, athletic development and internal/external operations.
- Assist head coach in organizing team and coach travel, compliance paperwork and other administrative responsibilities.
- Comply with all NCAA, Northeast Conference and SHU rules and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Bachelor's Degree or college/professional level tennis playing experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adherence to University and NCAA policies and guidelines.
- Valid US driver's license with clean driving record.