Responsible for programing, and implementing and administering workouts for the throws event group. Applicant should adhere to the guidelines, rules and regulations of The University of Scranton, Landmark Conference and the NCAA.
- Lead training and practice sessions for throwers, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Perform throws specific coaching and instructional responsibilities during athletic events.
- Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University, Landmark Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel.
- Work closely with athletic training staff to insure safety of all student-athletes.
- Maintain current certification in CPR, First Aid & AED and recertify as needed on an annual basis.
- Must possess current state drivers license.
- Must be capable of moderate physical activity and have the ability to work and display a cooperative attitude toward all other sports programs and other functions of the University and the Athletic Department.
- Must have the ability to develop a positive working relationship with all support offices both in the department and on campus.
- Must be able to stand for periods up to 6 hours.