Lake Erie College, located in Painesville, OH, invites applications for the position of assistant coach, men’s and women’s track & field and cross country. The coach is responsible for recruiting, organization and supervision of the College’s track & field and cross country program.
- Organizes, in conjunction with the head coach, all aspects of the program, including facility, meet, practice and operational issues.
- Serves as recruiter for the sport of track & field and cross country, identifying and evaluating potential students with that interest and organizing their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
- Works closely with the promotional and fundraising efforts of the athletics department.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards, where student-athletes are empowered to leave lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
- Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Knowledge and specialization in distance and cross country, including at least one year prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Must have strong team-building and management skills.
- Must have ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.