Muhlenberg College, a Division III institution and a member of the Centennial Conference is seeking applications for a part-time Assistant Baseball Coach. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all phases of the baseball program within the college, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III baseball program in accordance with College, NCAA and Centennial Conference policies.
- Provide coaching in support of the head coach’s plan to assist all athletes in realizing their potential as athletes, students and members of the general college community.
- Attend practices, training sessions, team meetings and baseball games (home and away) in support of the Head Coach. (Specific time commitment required will be delineated by the Head Coach
- Attend meetings as required by the head coach, Athletics department, and College.
- Promote strong parent, alumni, and community relations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, said duties to be described specifically along with estimated hours required for the task.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of professional and athletic experience leading to a similar qualification, required.
- Related professional experience required.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the Division III philosophy of athletics and adherence to NCAA regulations regarding operation of athletic programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and engage with a varied audience, including but not limited to students, parents, College employees, alumni, and community relations.