The Assistant Coach is the right-hand person to Head Coach, working daily to assist them with practices sessions, preparing for games and scouting upcoming opponents and future student athletes.
- Ensures effective teaching and instruction of specific technical skill areas to student athletes; determines appropriate instruction type that would be most beneficial to the student.
- Demonstrates the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship; attends all practices and games; provides assistance, guidance, and safeguards for each player; provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete; displays strong motivational skills.
- Ensures student athletes grades and conduct are in line with expectations; understands and abides by policies concerning injuries, medical attention, and emergencies; directs student managers, student assistants and statisticians; acts with an attitude of good sportsmanship, personal pride, and pride for school and community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Leadership, Sports Management, Recreation, or other relevant field of study.
- Experience may substitute for degree.
- One year experience coaching Varsity at a high school, club coaching experience with ages 17/18 or coaching at the collegiate level along with video scouting and the breaking down of opponent videos.
Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.