Reporting to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and Director of Athletics, the Assistant Basketball Coach assists with the organization of practices, team recruitment, team travel and planning, department fund raising, and any other area of responsibility as directed by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Evidence of sound organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Four years collegiate playing experience or combined collegiate and professional playing experience totaling 4 years.
- Two seasons of collegiate coaching experience (this includes graduate assistantships or volunteer coaching positions based on NCAA guidelines).
- Emphasize the student athlete concept and support the academic achievement of all participants;
- Engage in all sporting activities in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University regulations and procedures;
- Provide equal opportunities for both male and female athletes;
- Enhance the University’s visibility and name recognition through a comprehensive program of successful competitive athletics;
- Provide spectator events that contribute to campus life, build community spirit and generate regional competition and rivalry.