The part time regular assistant Men's Basketball coach is responsible for assisting in the coaching and teaching of students, game and practice preparation and execution, compliance with NCAA, and conference rules/regulations, assisting with appropriate recruitment of scholar athletes, assisting with general team administrative work. Depending on the unique skills of the successful candidate, there may be other duties assigned within the Department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrating a high level of teaching and coaching competency in sport skill instruction, sport strategy, tactics and rules, physical training and fitness and student motivation in practice execution. Will work with the head coach but will be able to run practice sessions independently as needed and scheduled.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes; collaborating with the head coach and certified athletic trainers to support students in all ways. Student health and safety are our highest priorities.
- Demonstrating appropriate understanding and skills of recruitment activiites of scholar athletes at the most highly selective and academically rigorous institution. Above reproach in messaging with families and confidential student data.
- General team focused and student support duties as assigned including but not limited to: team transportation and meals, organizing camps and clinics, taking care of equipment and facilities, interfacing with alumni.
- Associate of Arts (AA) degree.
- Must secure and maintain valid driver license during employment.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the sport.
- Knowledge of SCIAC & NCAA rules and regulations.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certifications.