The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering, and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Basketball program. Also serves as a recruiter for the Men’s Basketball program and assists with court instruction, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- unction as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Serve as a recruiter for the Men’s Basketball program; identifies, evaluates, and recruits qualified prospective student-athletes.
- Maintains effective communication with prospective student-athletes and Admissions Office.
- Arranges and conducts on and off-campus visits with prospective student-athletes.
- Assists with on-floor coaching, training, and skill development.
- Plans, executes, and maintains all aspects of the program's social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Scouts’ opponents and prepares scouting reports for head coach and team members.
- Runs and coordinates elite camps and high school tournaments on campus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of basketball coaching experience.
- A valid California Class C CA drivers’ license with a good driving record is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record will be required prior to offer of employment.