Under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, the assistant men’s basketball coach will assist the head coach in recruiting qualified student-athletes for the men’s basketball program, instruct and develop the student-athletes in the sport of basketball, prepare for games and assist in community involvement.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and conducting practices during the traditional season (as defined by the National Collegiate Athletic Association) for the sport. Non-traditional (or out-of-season) season practices may be required;
- Assist the head coach to serve as the representative of the department at the College during team travel for in- and out-of-season competition;
- Assist the head coach in management of operational budget issues; participate in uniform and equipment purchase process; help plan and coordinate team travel under the supervision of the Director of Athletics; help develop and implement fundraising strategies;
- Assist the head coach in completing in- and out-of-season scheduling for the program. Work within NCAA guidelines regarding start of season, dates of competition and end of season;
- Represent the department of athletics at all on-campus admissions open houses and/or other predetermined events.
- Bachelor’s Degree and proven successful coaching, with 2-3 years experience preferred, preferably at the collegiate level or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience are required.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.