The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with the administration and organization of a successful athletic program that competes in the Centennial Conference at the NCAA Division III level.
- Prepare, schedule and organize daily practice sessions, game preparation for competition and off-season training.
- Recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, Centennial Conference, and Ursinus College policies and procedures.
- Provide general advising, mentoring and support to student-athletes.
- Engage in regular consultation with athletic training personnel to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate concern for the overall welfare of student athletes at all times.
- Engage in ethical decision-making and outstanding sportsmanship.
- Execute all of these responsibilities in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the Men’s Basketball program, of the Department of Athletics, and Ursinus College.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of rules and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning ability.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Centennial Conference rules and regulations preferred but not required.