This position reports directly to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Coach, while serving as the Men's Basketball contact for assigned athletic support areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, including on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength & Conditioning and Athletic Training staff.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponents and assists in designing game plans and strategies.
- Attend coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
- A Bachelor’s degree is necessary .
- Previous coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.