The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in providing leadership for the Southern Nazarene Men's Basketball Program. While assisting in all aspects of the Men's Basketball Program, they will play an integral role in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, player/team spiritual development, daily team training, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, academic monitoring, equipment/uniform organization, and skill development of players.
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU Mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ-centered community.
- They need to possess strong character traits and ministry values that express what God can do through them in impacting the coaches, student-athletes,SNU employees, and outside persons with whom they interact.
- Needs to passionately support and articulate the University Mission.
- Must have at least a bachelors degree in an applicable field.
- Five years of successful coaching experience and collegiate-level coaching experience are preferred.
- A heartfelt commitment to excellence in academics and athletics.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
- Recruit NCAA Division II level Men's Basketball Players ensuring timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Direct Graduate Assistants in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate women's basketball program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Work with Financial Aid and Compliance to determine accurate communication and implementation of scholarship awards.
- Monitor academic progress and progress towards graduation of student-athletes, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitor Chapel attendance and lead by example with regular attendance.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of SNU Men's Basketball and SNU Athletics.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations as directed by the Head Coach.