Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach teaches and provides instruction in the sport of Men's basketball and assists in the planning, promotion and administration of a quality Division I Men's basketball program. This position is responsible for player development and scouting.
- Independently plans and implements a season long plan for a set group of student-athletes; participates in all aspects of practice instruction and game coaching.
- Creates scouting reports, as assigned by the head coach, and provides institution to team related to strategy derived from scouting reports.
- Recruits and evaluates prospective student-athletes through the use of technology, conducting contacts and evaluations, organizing official visits, including assigning hosts, and creating travel itineraries and managing all budgetary elements of visits while adhering to all NCAA regulations.
- Tracks all admissions through the application process for prospective student-athletes; provides instruction to student-athlete hosts on department/NCAA policies and procedures for a visit.
- Assists with academic support, fundraising activities, and community service, including communication and outreach to alumni.
- Completes recruiting logs and other end of year summaries and correspondence within ARMS and in coordination with the compliance office.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year of successful coaching experience at the college, high school, professional, club/clinic level, or graduate assistant level.
- Ability to train and recruit at the Division I collegiate level.
- Ability to accept and carry out assigned program and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with other coaches, students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community.
- Ability to pass the NCAA recruiting test and have a thorough understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to high academic standards for student-athletes and their ability to succeed both academically and athletically and understanding that this is essential to building a positive team culture.
- Commitment to personal and professional development of student-athletes.