Willamette University announces a full-time position for an Assistant Men's Basketball Coach. Assists the Head Coach with all aspects of the men's basketball program, including, but not limited to individual player development, position skill-work, the planning and execution of practice and games, opponent scouts, on and off-campus recruiting, as well as various administrative duties for the program and camp.
- Assists with all aspects of the men's basketball program.
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for admission to a demanding academic environment.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Will break down film and provide scouting reports on all opponents.
- Teaches the fundamental principles and techniques of basketball skills (i.e. competition, traditions and sportsmanship) as well as the philosophy of the sport.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive educational environment.
- Is proactive in all matters pertaining to safety among staff and participants.
- Serve as the director of all summer camps Manage all social media platforms for the men's basketball program.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least two years of successful experience in collegiate basketball as either a player, coach, or the equivalent.
- Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the university.
- Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the university and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.