Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the head coach, provide leadership and support to all facets of the program in advancing the mission of the College and Athletics department.
- Support the coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III men’s basketball program in accordance with College, NCAA and Centennial Conference policies.
- Motivate, counsel, and support student-athletes in realizing their potential for personal growth and development as athletes, students, and members of the general college community.
- Provide coaching in support of the head coach’s plan to assist all athletes in realizing their potential as athletes, students and members of the general college community.
- Attend practices, training sessions, team meetings and basketball games (home and away) in support of the Head Coach. (Specific time commitment required will be delineated by the Head Coach)
- Assist in promoting strong parent, alumni, and community relations.
- Assist in planning and evaluating program results.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Related professional experience, or a combination of professional and athletic experience leading to a similar qualification, required.
- Ability to motivate, counsel, and support student-athletes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and engage with a varied audience, including but not limited to students, parents, College employees, alumni, and community relations.
- An active commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Ability to travel and adapt to varying schedules, including evening and weekend hours, in accordance with the needs of the team.
An equal opportunity employer, Muhlenberg College is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education.