Assists the Head Coach in the design, supervision, and implementation of a well disciplined, competitive and comprehensive Intercollegiate Athletics sport program utilizing sound teaching principles. Abides by all local, state, federal and specialized mandates, including NCAA, Big West Conference and University and Department of Athletics rules, policies, and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- 1-3 years Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and successful coaching experience.
- Experience in program planning and teaching.
- Requires sound player/team management skills.
- Ability to recruit highly successful student athletes.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA constitution and bylaws.
- Ability to communicate through oral, written, and electronic forms.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Assists in all aspects of training and coaching with thorough knowledge of the sport - teaching skill development, assisting with coaching strategies, applying techniques, and developing player skills.
- Assists with organization and implementation of pre-season conditioning program working with head coach and strength coach to put together conditioning program and assisting student-athletes in completing the program.
- Conducts preseason, regular season and permissible out of season practices and training programs.
- Prepares effective game plans for opponents, analyze game situations, develop and communicate adjustments during the competition, and ensure plans are consistent with the skills and abilities of the student-athletes.
- Travels to away competitions and assist with team management.