The Assistant Coach will provide support to the Head Coach on the daily management and administration of all phases of the Division I Men’s Basketball program in accordance with all NCAA, SWAC and College regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the University, SWAC and the NCAA.
- Ability to market and promote ASU women’s basketball
- Ability to attend meeting and other professional development opportunities at or away from ASU.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to apply budgeting and fiscal planning techniques within financial constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with managing and directing the men’s basketball program.
- Assist with managing all aspects of the team including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing and scheduling.
- Assist with managing all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the program
- Assist with evaluating and recruiting qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with monitoring class schedules, grades and student-athletes academic progress.
- Responsible for men’s basketball student-athlete retention.
- Responsible for developing and promoting the men’s basketball program.