Kennedy-King College is seeking an experienced Assist Coach to help lead the Kennedy-King College athletes to victory! The Assistant Coach position will give you the opportunity to provide leadership in the development and evaluation of the overall team and individual student-athletes. You will also be able to provide dynamic, strategic, and visionary leadership designed to enhance student success through focus on an "Academic-First" agenda.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assists with the recruitment of student athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues. Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support, as necessary.
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing guidelines.
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in league, conference, and tournament play.
- Completion of an associate degree required, Bachelor is preferred, preferably in Physical Education or related field, supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional playing experience.
- Coaching Certification, preferred.
- First Aid Certification and current CPR/AED certification by the American Heart Association or the Red Cross, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills, required.
- Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults.
- Familiarity with NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.