The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach will recruit, coach, and mentor responsible and academically driven student-athletes for the Men’s Basketball program. The successful candidate will have a focus on supporting student-athlete success and developing a competitive NCAA Division II program. Applicants are subject to an NCAA enforcement staff compliance review, and employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
- Execute a successful recruiting and retention plan.
- Integrate the program into the campus community.
- Aid in scheduling, planning, and supervising practices, contests and team travel.
- Manage the program operating budget.
- Oversee fundraising.
- Help administer all aspects of the program ensuring compliance with departmental, institutional, Lone Star Conference, and NCAA DII rules and regulations.
- Participate in alumni and booster engagement, including promotion of program on social media platforms and additional coaching and administrative duties as assigned.
- Aid in managing and operating within the budget parameters, without exception, and submit all receipts and budget reports on time as directed by the Director of Athletics.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) or more years of head, 1st, or 2nd assistant collegiate basketball coaching experience.
- Have CPR certification or will receive within two (2) months of hire.
- Have Texas Drivers License or will receive within two (2) months of hire.