Under direct supervision of the Head Men's Basketball Coach, the incumbent will perform, develop, coordinate, administer professional and administrative services and assist the Head Men's Basketball Coach with developing and administering a highly competitive basketball program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Men's Basketball Coach in managing and directing the basketball program.
- Assist the Head Men's Basketball Coach with all aspects of the team including daily, on-court practice, conditioning and weight room workouts, game day competition, and scheduling of fall and spring games.
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory by using related software or spreadsheets and entering data required for basketball equipment and uniforms.
- Assist the Head Men's Basketball Coach with the maintenance of the gym and locker room.
- Coordinate travel arrangements by contacting a travel agency or logging into the websites for hotels, transportation companies or any other company associated with the travel industry and book reservations for the Head Men's Basketball Coach and team.
- Organize and complete all required paperwork including but not limited to Payment by Check Requests for officials and compliance forms such as weekly time logs.
- Assist the administration with alumni relations and scholarship fundraising.
- Assist the Head Men's Basketball Coach with recruiting including calling prospective student-athletes, evaluating high school and junior college players, and maintaining accurate records and databases on the NCAA's Compliance Assistant program.
- Two (2) years of directly related work experience coaching basketball at the high school, college, professional, select league, summer league or AAU levels.
- College or professional playing experience may be considered.