On a campus without boundaries, the Department of Athletics fosters a Culture of Success through Academic Achievement, Competitive Greatness, Ethical Behavior, Social Responsibility, and Community Engagement that educates and transforms a diverse group of talented student-athletes into future leaders.
The Athletics Department is seeking to hire a skilled and talented Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball who will recruit the best talented and academically gifted student-athletes. The scope of responsibility will include these specific duties but is not limited to the following,
- Will provide support to the Head Coach of the Men's Basketball program
- On-court coaching and player development
- Strength and conditioning
- Recruit assigned areas
- Academic monitoring, counseling and advisement in areas of (courses, required grades and credits, registration and tutorial monitoring; Assigning fellow assistant coaches player monitoring responsibilities
- Participate with practice and drills
- Scouting opponents and game preparation (includes travel to opponent sites, film review)
- Perform other professional duties as needed or requested
Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee’s direct supervisor.
Bachelor's degree and four years knowledge of NCAA policies and procedures.
Department: Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
Shift: 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM | Monday - Friday
Salary : Salary Negotiable
Pay Grade: NPP
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time (Benefits Eligible)
04/10/19, 6:27:06 PM
04/17/19, 3:59:00 AM
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
The preferred candidate should possess the following attributes
- Highly knowledgeable of NCAA & university rules, compliance, polices, and regulations
- Experience coaching basketball at the collegiate level
- Excellent interpersonal skills communication skills
- Strong organization skills and able to multi-task, a self starter
To be fully considered for this position all candidates at the time of submission must provide the following documents that clearly provides proof of education and relevant experience,
- A complete and accurate GSU application
- Cover letter
Please note, Georgia State University’s career board updates daily and requisitions are subject to be removed without prior notice or before the posting expires.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.