Assist with the organization and administration of the basketball program, including the following: recruiting, practice and game coaching, conditioning, and public relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist head coach with the recruiting of Division I athletes.
Assist head coach with game coaching and evaluation of player performance. Assist head coach in scouting opponents and in preparation of game plans.
Assist head coach in planning, conducting, and evaluating conditioning programs.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Comply with all NCAA, University and Atlantic 10 Conference policies and regulations.
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers and printers, word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of one year’s experience as an assistant coach, Director of Operations and/or Director of Player Development in Men’s basketball at the Division I collegiate level.
3. Demonstrated record of recruiting of student athletes.
4. Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to adhere to University, NCAA, and Atlantic 10 Conference rules and regulations.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
9. Appointment subject to NCAA violation report clearance and NCAA Rules Certificate.
1. Demonstrated collegiate playing experience.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.