This posting is to establish a pool of qualified applicants for the 2022-2023 academic year for positions at San Bernardino Valley College.
- Perform additional working hours, which may include the breaks (spring, summer and winter), weekends, and evenings.
- Take and pass the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) exam.
- Help the head coach organize and execute an aggressive scouting and recruiting program of local and regional high school student athletes and out-of-state student athletes; actively participate and support high school visitations; establish individual contacts with athletes and parent/ guardians; follow-up correspondence/emails; lead campus tours for prospective student athletes.
- Scout opponent teams.
- Assist current and prospective student athletes to the appropriate resource to ensure their success (i.e. admissions office, financial aid office, tutoring centers, athletic counselor).
- Assist in monitoring that student-athletes get grade checks completed by professors and turned in to the coaches in a timely manner.
- Any bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional experience OR any associate degree and six (6) years of professional experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience coaching high school and/or college age women 's cross country as part of a club or team.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, understanding of, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, religious, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer.