The University of Pikeville (UPIKE), is actively seeking candidates for a part-time Assistant Coach for the men’s golf program. The central focus for this position is to assist the Head Coach with the overall operations of the men’s golf program, in accordance with University of Pikeville, Mid-South Conference, and NAIA regulations. The Assistant Coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive NAIA program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes.
- Assisting in scouting and recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in planning and coaching while overseeing team practices.
- Collaborate in skill development and conditioning.
- Monitor and track academic performance of student athletes.
- Assist during matches with strategy, film breakdown and cutups, event set up as well as general office duties.
- Assist in fundraising, summer camps, and community service activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years related experience is required (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Previous coaching or playing experience at high school or collegiate levels. Recruiting experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills.
- Must have a criminal background check and three references.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5344.