Assists Head Coach in administering the men’s golf intercollegiate athletics program adhering to University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintains complete knowledge and compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the department’s rules, regulations and policies.
- Participates in the effective recruiting, instruction and coaching of student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, conditioning, game preparation and strategy.
- Maintains an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual written plan and goals for the program and the annual assessment of performance in relation to the plan and goals.
- Maintains discipline in the program, promoting fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
- Maintains an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and/or West Coast Conference Rules and regulations as they pertain to student-athletes, coaching, compliance and recruiting procedures and methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CPR certification required by the end of the introductory period of appointment.
- Must have strong ability to work collaboratively in team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to persuade encourage and motivate team members.
- Possesses a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization and diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.